Username:
Password:
remember me?
 Latest:
Help / Support | Settings | View or Edit your profile
Forum Level:
Just getting started
Photo views counts, still broken: history and request for resolution
Hi, I’d like to make one more attempt to get attention on the issue I raised when it first surfaced in mid-June.

Prior to about June 15, when you clicked on a picture for the first time, that picture’s view count would increment by one. This was always true whether it was your picture or someone else’s. After about two hours of wait time, if you clicked on it again, it would increment again – whether it was yours or someone else’s. Obviously this functionality had to have been driving the measures of “popularity” that are available under “Most Bookmarked” in the photos tab.

After about June 15 – and I have spent some time proving this – no one can ever make any picture increment more than one time. You get one view, one chance to appreciate a picture, but your subsequent views will not count; they will not ever make that picture’s views count increment again. Even if you bookmark that photo (which would mean you probably like that picture, right?), you can never again do anything that could drive any measure of that photo’s popularity.

Thus, any measure of a photo’s popularity (in the site’s present broken state) can only be based on the total number of people who viewed a picture one time. Subsequent views by the same member do nothing – again, even subsequent views by people who have bookmarked that photo. Others have noticed this as well, and have commented on the lower photo view counts of their own and of others’ pictures. It sucks because pictures that are deserving of greater popularity are being prevented, by the site itself, from achieving that popularity.

This CANNOT be the intent of the measures of popularity available under the photos tab, and it WAS NOT EVER the situation prior to about June 15, 2020.

The inevitable outcome, as things stand now, will be that longer-term measures of popularity will simply stagnate forever, because their views counts, which used to be able to increment freely as people looked at them, can never go up again except when someone totally new views them for the first time. And the inevitable corollary to that (and by far the worse impact) is that newer, “up and coming” pictures will never be able to break into any measures of longer-term popularity, because their views counts are not being allowed to increment the way the older pictures did. This is obviously unfair to those posting new and hot photos, of which of course there are many.

Can it really be the site owners’ intent that measures of popularity will be artificially frozen this way? I don’t think it can. I don’t think they realize what they did, otherwise they would have understood my complaints back in June.

When I raised this originally, I was told nothing in response to my problem tickets except that views of one’s own pictures never incremented and never had, which I knew to be false. After that I was completely ignored.

I am asking again that views counts be restored to work the way they did before mid-June. Please reply here or PM me with any questions. Thanks.

If this thread breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Just getting started
We are looking into this..

If this reply breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Just getting started
Thank you, I look forward to hearing from you again.

Forum Level:
Just getting started
This problem should be fixed now.

I would appreciate it if you could re-test this.

Thanks
Dev Team

Forum Level:
Just getting started
It seems to be working correctly now - thank you.

That1bitch
Spambot
NOW IF YOU COULD ONLY GET RID OF THE SPAM BOT DANIBOY** ONCE AND FOR ALL...

Too bad that will never happen

Too bad I'll NEVER post pics while he's here..

Oh no... There are no BOTS here.. right?

That1bitch
Good luck... Ready, set, GO!!!!
That1bitch said: psh

Help / Contact | Rules |  Terms of use / disclaimer | Epoch Billing Support | Privacy Policy | DMCA / Takedown Request
18 U.S.C. 2257 Record-Keeping Requirements Compliance Statement
Page generated in 0.39 seconds